Search This Blog

Monday 4 April 2011

rhubarb's coming up trumps

If you've been following me on twitter, you might have read that I have been running out of pots to cover my rhubarb with. I have used 4 plantpots, each one increasing in size and gradually they all became too small.

Someone then kindly recommended I place a dustbin over it - so I have. Before I did so, I took a new photo:

I think some of it looks about ready now, so I'm going to be using some this week for certain. I last put a picture of the rhubarb on here about two weeks ago, so it is amazing how quick it grows, as it was only just coming out of the ground before.

I also spent some time this week getting new compost out of the compost bin. Here it is tumbling out at the bottom:

And here's my dog Mischief having a good old sniff of it:

The only thing that didn't seem to have composted properly was mango - don't know why?

Anyway, I've got lots of work to be getting on with this week, I expect the compost won't last me long!

8 comments:

  1. wow that's amazing! That rhubarb looks almost ready for a crumble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. farawayme - it does doesn't it! I'm definitely going to cut some off this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! Mischief is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! Fab rhubarb! Just about ready for a crumble if you ask me :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garden Hoard - thank you. I do think he's rather handsome! He's still a baby really - 18 months old. He's very well behaved, although sometimes a little bit too much for our cat Liquorice (who's also black). Mischief wants to play, but Liquorice doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. melsanford - Thanks Mel. The amazing thing is, sicne I put the dustbin over it it's about doubled in size again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That came on really well, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see everything growing so well... my heart gave a little lurch when I saw your fur baby labrador, my lab Harry is very poorly at the moment;-). Mischief sums up a labradors personality well, good choice

    ReplyDelete