Search This Blog

Friday 18 March 2011

New plants on the way!

At least some of my plants think Spring is on its way. This year, I am trying to grow a tayberry. I've never had one before, but I think it is supposed to be a cross between a raspberry and a gooseberry (or is it a blackberry & a gooseberry)? I've often seen them when we've been on holiday to Hereford & always wanted to grow some. I ordered one last year and it's now sprouting!
I'm excited to see what it will be like - would be good to know if anyone has had them before. I guess you use them in the same way as blackberries etc?

4 comments:

  1. ooh I think that must be what my neighbour has. It's very tasty, kind of like a gooseberry but not as sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never heard of a tayberry. Sounds interesting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There, I am growing a Tayberry for the first time this year and like you i'm looking forward to some lovely fruit. A fellow plot-holder has an established one and she told me to give it lot's of wire supports as it grows large, but apparently can be spread out along wires and even curled around.

    Bt the way thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maureen - great to hear. We'll have to keep each other updated on progress!

    ReplyDelete